The bathroom might not be the first room that comes to mind when thinking about showing off your décor style. However, bathroom remodeling options have come such a long way in recent years. Nowadays, it’s easy and affordable to turn your bathroom into a stunning masterpiece you’ll want to show off to everyone you know.
One of the most common bathroom remodeling projects is either a tub-to-shower conversion or shower-to-tub conversion. At first glance, this may not seem like an exciting project to pursue, but conversions can offer dramatic results that change the entire look of your bathroom space.
In fact, bathroom conversions offer the chance to upgrade both functionality and aesthetics in one simple project. In this article, our experts at Miller Home Renovations will share some of our favorite conversion ideas for homeowners to get you inspired for your next bathroom remodeling project.
Design the Perfect Bath or Shower Space
If there is one truth about a tub or shower conversion it’s that the beauty is in the details. Customization options are endless when it comes to both types of bath conversions, which can be perfectly suited to meet your accessibility needs, style preferences, and your budget.Here are some ideas for customizing your bathtub or shower area into a beautiful space that better suits your needs.
- Tear Down those Barriers: With a tub-to-shower conversion, you finally have the opportunity to do away with the dangers of stepping in and out of a high-walled, slippery bathtub. Instead, upgrade the entire tub area with a zero-entry, barrier-free shower space. Your new shower area can be upgraded in a number of beautiful options, including a wet room renovation, roll-in flooring for wheelchair access, and custom-level faucets and controls.
- Build a Ramp: This is especially beneficial for those who are wheelchair-bound, but the ramp can appeal to anyone who desires some separation from the floor and the shower itself.
- Stay Level: This is the trending design element. Many homeowners are transitioning to making the shower floor and regular floor one continuous unit. This look is contemporary, sleek, and ultimately functional.
- Doorless Bathrooms: In line with the previous option, you also have the luxury of choosing your bathroom’s shower doors for your new conversion. A popular conversion idea is to rip out the bathtub and replace it with an open shower area. Another trending idea is to create a wet room area with a beautiful glass shower door or partition for waterproof, splash-friendly showering.
- Utility Wall Designs: Whether you’re converting a tub to a shower or a shower to a tub, the walls that surround the new area can be upgraded for more functionality and easier access. If you have mobility issues, add low shelving and soap caddies for a safer bathing or showering experience.
- Add Flair: Speaking of walls, your shower-or-tub conversion can be customized with acrylic wall surrounds for easier maintenance and more attractive appeal. You can also further personalize the surrounds with tile, colored/etched glass, or stone accents.
- Combination Shower and Bathtub: Most conversions are tub-to-shower conversion projects, however, a shower-to-tub project is ideal in homes that lack an existing bathtub. If you’re nervous about losing a shower in the home, or on the fence about losing your bathtub, consider a shower and bathtub combination instead. Combination shower/bathtub designs are perhaps the most popular bathtub style in the country, well-loved for their amazing convenience and unparalleled value benefits.
Bath Conversions with Miller Home Renovations
At Miller Home Renovations, we understand that every customer has their own unique design wishes and bathing needs. That’s why our team delivers a completely customizable bath-to-shower or shower-to-bath solution to our customers in the Portland area. We proudly offer a wide range of color, pattern, and style options to choose from, and provide top-quality installations that are guaranteed for quality, value, and long-lasting beauty.
The easiest way to get started on your tub or shower conversion is with the help of a reputable bathroom remodeling company like Miller Home Renovations. If you’re ready to discuss your options for bathtub and shower conversions, or for help with any of your home remodeling needs, give us a call to speak with one of our agents. Or, get started today by filling out our online form to schedule a free, in-home design consultation and estimate.
TagsTub to Shower Shower Conversion Shower to Tub
Subscribe to Miller Home Renovations's Blog